Thursday, March 27, 2008

Dell Inspiron 700m/710m can't read 2gb SD card

This happened to my friend's Inspiron 700m just now. She inserted the newly purchased 2GB SD card into the Inspiron internal card reader and found that the system detects none, is it SD card problem? End up is not SD card problem, apparently is you need to update the driver. Go to this link and download the necessary driver and install it.

If the link doesn't work out, just go to Dell website and do a keyword search on this "R139212.EXE". :)

2 comments:

John said...

Just got a new digital camera and a 2GB card. Had the same issues. I'll try this out when I get home. Any idea if this will work with 4 and 8GB cards as well?

John

fenderCat said...

I can't confirm this as this laptop is with my friend now. I google around and i believe it will only supports non-sdhc 4gb but not sdhc 4gb and 8gb.